The scholarship Fund shall be determined, awarded and administered as follows:
1. Amount: Each scholarship awarded shall be a one-time scholarship in the amount of $1,000.
2. Committee: The scholarship committee will consist of Ace employees. A committee member will be excused for the year’s selection if a relative (defined as grandchild, niece, nephew, first cousin or corresponding in-law or “step” relationship) is applying for a scholarship. The committee shall:
- Take applications
- Determine the most qualified candidates by reviewing each application and interviewing candidate(s) if deemed necessary
- Award the scholarship to a qualified candidate of its choice
3. Qualifications: The minimum qualifications of the candidates shall be as follows:
- Must be a current customer of Ace for local telephone service and remain so until the scholarship is disbursed
- Must be a graduating high school senior
- Must have been accepted to a college or university and provide a copy of the acceptance letter
- Ace employees and members of the board of directors and their immediate family members (spouse, child, and/or step-child) are not eligible
4. Payment of Scholarship: The proceeds shall be payable the first semester of the applicant’s second year. The scholarship winner is required to have maintained a minimum GPA of 2.5 during the first year of college and shall submit a copy of his/her official college transcript along with a copy of his/her registration for the first semester of the second year of post-secondary education. The scholarship proceeds shall be payable to the student who is awarded the scholarship jointly with the college or university which the student is attending. Ace Scholarships must be paid to the student within seven years from the date the scholarship was awarded.
5. Deadline for Applications: Candidates shall apply for this scholarship in written form on or before March 3, 2014, and shall utilize the official application form available on our website. All applications must be postmarked or received at the Ace office in Houston, Minnesota, on or before March 3, 2014. All mailed applications shall be sent to Ace Scholarship Committee, Ace Communications Group, PO Box 360, Houston, MN 55943-0360. No facsimile applications will be accepted.
6. Deadline for Awards: All awards shall be finalized no later than May 1 of the award year.
Please click on the links below to access the Ace Scholarship Application, Recommendation Form, and Ace Scholarship Guidelines.
*These PDFs are “fillable forms” to complete online and print to mail with other required paperwork.